Monday 3 September 2012

The Art of Being Creative With Crafts Without a Supply List

It wasn't that long after I began my website about crafts and activities for kids that I began to get questions about my supply list. I guess a better way to put that is that I got many emails about my lack of a supply list. The answer that I give is that I left the supply list off of most my crafts and activities on purpose. I feel like supply lists can crush your creativity.

This is not to say that I don't tell you what I use and how I make the various fun craft ideas for kids on my website or how to do the various children's activities. I do give a detailed description for each project and that, in turn, will give you an idea of what I used. However, I am not going to tell you what you HAVE to have in order to do each craft or activity. I decided very early on in the process that if I gave a supply list and the reader didn't have that particular supply then they might just skip over the craft thinking that they can't do it.


On the contrary, you can make any children's craft, game or other activity by simply using your imagination to come up with the supplies you need. For instance on my Animal Habitat craft project made out of a recycled gallon milk container, we covered the container with fabric. But if you don't have fabric you could use felt or construction paper or white paper that your children covered or glue and glitter.

When my kids are in a creative mood, we will often go online to come up with an idea of what we want to make but we rarely print the instructions. Instead I will ask them how they want to make it. We will go to the craft closet and they can pick out all the supplies that they want. This way the craft project is truly one of a kind made from their imagination and they are very proud of the outcome.

So, the next time that you want to make an easy craft for kids or create an activity for your kids to enjoy, don't get caught up in the details. Rather use the ideas that you see to generate your own ideas. Create your own supply list and see what you can come up with together.

For more information about craft supplies or to get some unique craft ideas and activities to do with your kids, please visit myfamilyfunclub Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathy_Gupton Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7234329

No comments: